On November 20, 2018, the head of the Department of museums on the street Nazarov Sokolov Held an event “Spassk – the Golden history” for the participants of the club “Golden autumn” at the MBU “inter-library of the Spassky municipal district of the Republic of Tatarstan”.
Club members got acquainted with the brightest cultural and historical heritage of our district, having listened to the story about the history of Spassky County and the city of Spassk.
In 1781 by the decree of Catherine II Spassk received the status of the County town of Kazan governorship. In 1935-1957 Spassk existed under the name of Kuibyshev. In 1957, the city was flooded as a result of the creation of the Kuibyshev reservoir. In 1957, a new settlement called Kuibyshev was founded 2 km South of the village of Bolgar. Subsequently, it grew towards the Bank of the Volga and almost absorbed the village of Bolgar. In 1991, the city of Kuibyshev was renamed the city of Bolgar.
Today, the transferred city is reviving, attracting more and more attention of tourists and the public. Turning points in the history of the city changed its location, its name, but did not change the spirit of the people. And how important it is not to forget the Days of the great Exodus in the history of the city of Spassk, and now the city of Bolgar, the people living on the territory of the former Spassk County.
At the end of the event, the participants were shown a video presentation “Flights over the churches of the Saviour land”.

 

 
Photo report

 

 

 
Share on social networks